You can now take some of your recycling to Visit Highworth, based in the High Street and to The Co-op and Sainsbury’s supermarkets. See below for details.
- Empty crisp packets, any brand. Small packs, share packs, multipack wrappers. NO popcorn, peanuts or pretzels, mini cheddars and please no origami triangles!
- Plastic bread loaf bags, any brand. NO rolls, bagels, crumpets, just loaf bags.
- Plastic ring carriers, such as you get on a 4 pack of beer cans. Any brand.
- Kinder chocolate wrappers. Bar wrappers, kinder eggs yellow pods, foil outers, basically anything except for the plastic toy. NO other brand.
- Toothcare items such as plastic toothbrushes, electric toothbrush heads, empty toothpaste tubes, all packaging. NO electric or bamboo toothbrushes. Mouthwash bottles can go in kerbside plastics.
- Old eye glasses.
- Old bras, any condition.
- Empty Pringles tubes AND LIDS. NO other brand.
- Kids yoghurt pouches and baby food pouches with lids on. Any brand.
- Cheese wrappers. Flexible kind only. Can be block cheese, individual cheese wrappers, net bags. NO sliced cheese flat trays but we can take the peel off lid. Any brand.
- Empty make-up such as eye shadow, compact, lipstick, lip balm, mascara. Packs for beauty wipes. Flexible plastic tubes for body creams and moisturiser. NO shower or hair products or baby wipe packs.
- Ferrero Rocher packaging. Hard plastic boxes and inner trays. Cellophane and gold foil. Everything except the little brown paper cupcake style case. NO other brand.
- Flexible dishwasher tablet packaging, flexible stain remover powder packaging, flexible cleaning product refill, flexible packets for home cleaning wipes, flexible dishwasher salt bags. Any brand.
- Baylis & Harding plastic caps, pumps from product bottles and flexible plastic lotion tubes and caps. NO plastic bottles and NO other brand.
- Carex handwash refill pouches and caps. Carex, Imperial Leather and Bayleys of Bond Street hand wash pumps (not bottles).
Milk bottle tops of the green, red or blue variety. NO other plastic lids accepted.
Taylors of Harrogate coffee wrappers. NO other brand.
Head & Shoulders, Pantene, Aussie Shampoo and Herbal Essences refill pouches. NO other brand and NO hard plastic bottles.
The Co-op or Sainsbury’s
- Thin plastic lids of all types
- Kitchen towel, toilet roll, nappy bag, cotton wool wrappers
- Pouches – microwave rice, pre-cooked mussels, pet food, etc
- Fruit & veg nets, bags and wrappers
- Plastic sauce sachets
- Ordinary carrier bags
- Bread bags
- Crisps, nuts, snacks bags
- Bags from:
- Cereal and porridge
- Dried goods – dried fruit, pasta, rice, sugar, pulses, etc
- Frozen foods and ice cubes
Wrappers & Film
- Chocolate and sweets bags and wrappers
- Biscuit wrappers
- Cling film
- Pizza wrapping film
- Bread product wrappers:
- Naan bread
- Pitta bread
- Garlic bread
- Fresh pasta
- Wrappers from:
- Cheese, pastry, cakes, Yorkshire puddings
- baby wipes, etc
- Meat, poultry and joints
- Tea and teabags, ground coffee, etc
- Pies, pastries, sausage rolls,
- Household textiles, scourers, rubber gloves, etc
- Gift wrap, greetings cards, etc
- Flower wrappers
- Pet food wrappers
- Compostable carrier bags
- Compostable and biodegradable bags and wrappers
- Plastic bottles
- Plastic trays
All Co-op own brand food packaging can be recycled. Limitations may apply to third party packaging.
While we will accept soft plastics from any retailer or brand, we cannot guarantee that such third party packaging will be recycled. Some of the more technical materials will have multiple layers, the composition of which we cannot be certain of, and these may end up being incinerated to produce energy. However, the majority of third party soft plastic will be made from materials which will go to be recycled within our scheme.
Please note that the labelling on packaging may not be up to date with the soft plastics recycling scheme. As such, not all soft plastics will currently be labelled as recyclable. We are working hard in this space to ensure that labelling is clear, and hope to bring an updated label early next year.